What are eyelash extensions?
How long do they last?
When properly applied, lash extensions can be worn throughout the year with minimal monthly maintenance. Your lashes have a life cycle. Because the extensions are safely glued to your real lashes, when the natural ones fall out, so do the extensions. Touch-ups are recommended after the initial full set application to refill any that have cycled out. A touch-up appointment is recommended every 2-4 weeks based on your natural growth to have the fullest lashes.
Can lash extensions harm my natural lashes?
When applied properly by our Lash experts, lash extensions will not harm natural lashes. A proper technique requires several different "separation" steps during application, so each extension is adhered to a single natural lash. This way we don’t interrupt the lash growth cycle.
How do I prepare for the service?
Preparing for your exciting to new lashes is easy. You should thoroughly clean your lashes with a mild oil-free cleanser. Be sure that not even a trace of mascara is left. Lashes should not be curled or permed. That’s it. Since the procedure can last up to two hours, just relax and enjoy our music.
Can I swim, shower, exercise, or visit a spa while wearing eyelash extensions?
Most definitely. These new lashes won’t interrupt your lifestyle. The bonding agent is waterproof and allows you to shower, swim, exercise, etc. Special care is required for the longest wear, but overall maintenance is low. We do recommend that you do not wash your eye area for 48 hours after the eyelash application, so that the glue has a chance to adhere properly. Hot yoga is not recommended.
What should I avoid while wearing my new lashes?
The following should not be used: waterproof mascaras; manual or heated lash curlers; or oil-based eye products around or on your eyes. You should also avoid excessively rubbing lashes or eyes while washing your face, as well as being in hot steam rooms or showers for extended periods of time.
Can I apply mascara to eyelash extensions?
Part of the joy of lash extensions is that you won’t feel the need to wear mascara to have gorgeous eyes. But if you want to give them even more definition, you can certainly use our lash sealer but never use mascara.
How do you remove eyelash extensions?
To maintain the integrity of your own natural lashes, we’re happy to professionally and gently remove your extension using a special remover. Please do not attempt to remove them yourself as the glue is very strong.
ON THE DAY OF THE PROCEDURE
- Completely remove all eye makeup.
- Remove your contact lenses for the duration of the procedure.
- Do not use any oil-based makeup removers.
- Do not apply lotion on your eye area.
- Arrive 15 minutes early to relax with a cup of tea or water. This will also give you a chance to chat with your lash expert on what you want.
- Put your phone on silent mode.
- Do not get your lashes wet for the first 48 hours.
- Avoid excessive exposure to heat, steam and friction to the lashes.
- Avoid all OIL-BASED products, including cleansers and eye creams. Instead use oil-free makeup remover.
- Do not use a mechanical or heated eyelash curler.
- Use Coating Sealer 3 times per week to help protect your extensions from moisture and oil. This can be purchased at the Spa.
- Maintain your extensions by getting a refill every 2 to 3 weeks.